This Japanese Fruit plate is a healthy and delicious low cal Gluten Free Dessert.
We had an Asian dinner party recently, and I wanted to end the meal with something light that would finish off the exotic Asian flavors in clean manner. But I still wanted my guests to think of this as a lovely dessert. I came up with this Japanese fruit plate and they loved it!
The fruit plate could not be easier. I just sliced all of the fruits (except for the bananas) ahead of time and kept them in the fridge, then added the orange sherbet and mini dark chocolate chips just before serving.
The dish was light but had the creaminess of the sherbet, which went well with the fruits and the mini chocolate chips added a nice crunch. And best of all, it is totally Gluten free!
Can you see why they enjoyed it so much? Yum Yum!
- 2 bananas sliced diagonally
- 2 kiwi fruit, sliced
- 8 large strawberries, sliced diagonally
- 2 tangerines, fruit separated
- 4 rings of pineapple, sliced in half
- 4 scoops of orange sherbet or sorbet
- 4 tsp of dark chocolate miniature chips
- Slice the fruit and arrange in a circle on a plate or in a small bowl. Add a scoop of the orange sherbet and sprinkle the miniature dark chocolate chips over the sherbet.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."