You don’t need to make a trip to the grocery store to get an almond joy. This homemade almond joy candy recipe is a cinch to make.
One of my favorite candy bars is an almond joy. The recipe couldn’t be more easy.
Some times you feel like a nut…sometimes you don’t!
Home Made Almond Joy is Easy to Make
I really had a fancy for some almond joys today and didn’t have any in the house, so I thought how hard can it be? As it turns out, super easy!
The secret to this candy is the coconut, of course, and also the almonds. Be sure to use the freshest ingredients for both of these for the best candy.
The recipe combines unsalted butter with shredded coconut, powdered sugar, toasted almonds and semi sweet chocolate coating. That reminds me…time for an almond joy. (with nuts, just because…)
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter
- 3 cups Shredded Coconut
- 2 cups Confectioners Sugar
- ½ cups Toasted Almonds
- 12 ounces of Semi-sweet Chocolate Coating
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or spray a baking sheet.
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan. When the butter is melted, remove it from the heat and stir in the coconut and sugar.
- Form mixture into round balls which are slightly flattened. Top each ball with 1 almond. Each piece takes about a heaping tablespoon.
- Place chocolate coating in a small glass bowl and microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until chocolate is melted and smooth. You can also melt it in a bowl which is placed in simmering water if you prefer.
- Dip each ball into the chocolate and coat evenly. Use a fork to lift the candies out of the melted chocolate and allow the excess chocolate to drip off. Place the candies on the cookie sheet and allow them to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.