These 8 layer macadamia nut bars are a high end version of Hello Dolly bars. They are super easy to make and taste just amazing.
One of the most common desserts that we had when I was growing up was a bar type of sweets. My mom had 6 kids and bars were one of the easiest sweets for her to make with a limited amount of time.
She made all sorts of them. One of my favorites to this day is her date bars. My husband is fond of fruit desserts, so I make them often.
Today, we’ll be making some nut bars that will tempt the sweetest tooth out there.
Making these High End 8 layer Macadamia Nut Bars.
I am fond of sweeter desserts, particularly anything with peanut butter in it. I have made just about any type of layered bar you can imagine.
This high end 8 layered bar takes the traditional 7 layered dessert to a whole new level. Instead of graham cracker crumbs, I used a combination of chocolate and biscotti style cookies.
Instead of walnuts, I used macadamia nuts. And of course, it’s 8 layers because there had to be a layer of peanut butter chips in there somewhere!
But never fear…I used fat free sweetened condensed milk to “lighten it up.” As if anything could lighten up a dessert like this!
For more decadent desserts, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
Here are some photos. I got carried away with them waiting for them to cool!
Fresh out of the oven and just cut!
A whole plate full, waiting for after dinner.
Don’t these macadamia nut bars look yummy?
- 1 cup of chocolate cookie crumbs
- 1 cup of shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup of melted butter
- 14 ounce can of fat free sweetened condensed milk.
- 1 cup of butterscotch flavored chips
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup of peanut butter chips
- 1 cup of white chocolate morsels
- 1 1/3 cup of flaked coconut
- 1 cup of chopped macadamia nuts
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with a non stick buttery cooking spray.
- Combine the chocolate and white cookie crumbs with the melted butter and press into the bottom of the baking pan.
- Spread the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the crumb mixture.
- Layer the chips in this order: Butterscotch, white chocolate, Peanut butter, Dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle the flaked coconut on the top and finish with the chopped macadamia nuts.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
- Remove and loosen from the sides of the pan while it is still warm.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
- To remove the bars more easily, you can line the pan with aluminum foil sprayed with Pam.
- Extend the foil over the edge of the baking pan, so you can use it as handles to remove the bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 385Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 187mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 36gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.