At our house, we grill year round outside. So I am always trying new ways to grill steak. This recipe for grilled top round steak is easy to do.
It does need marinating for at least 6 hours but you could do this over night in the fridge and then just throw on the BBQ the next night for dinner.
The thicker your pieces are cut, the better the flavor. Marinating the steaks over night allows the lime to tenderize what is normally a tougher cut of meat.
Printable recipe – Grilled Top Round Steak with Lime Marinade.
The lime marinade gives the steak a tangy taste which is just delicious a a bit different from an ordinary steak marinade. Gives it sort of a Caribbean taste.
For another international inspired steak recipe try my steaks with Cuban mojo marinade.
For more great recipes, Please visit The gardening Cook on Facebook.
Grilled Top Round Steak with Lime
- 1 beef Top Round Steak, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- Combine the lime juice, sugar, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce and garlic in small bowl. Place top round steak into a casserole and pour over the lime mixture. Marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or overnight; turning occasionally.
- Remove the steak from the marinade. Place steak on grill over medium high heat. Grill, covered, 10 to 11 minutes for medium rare (145°F) done-ness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
- Carve steak into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with sliced avocado and garden fresh tomatoes.