It’s grill time at our house! There is nothing like a few skewers of grilled shrimp to take your barbecue to a whole new level.
Shrimp hold up well on the BBQ and this blend of spices and honey is just delicious.
I used fresh herbs in this recipe. I have fresh herbs growing in pots on my patio. Dried herbs will also work, but you will use about 1/3 less if you use dried herbs.
My recipe calls for a nice combination of parsley, thyme and chopped spring onions. Thread the shrimp and alternate with grape tomatoes. Lime juice adds a tang and honey gives them some sweetness.Do you love the taste of shrimp flavored with herbs? For another tasty dish, try my Tandoori Shrimp recipe. It has just a bit of heat and a fabulous blend of Indian spices gives it a robust flavor.
Fire up the BBQ for these Grilled Shrimp with Herbed Honey Marinade
Be sure to remove the vein from shrimp before putting them on the skewers. It makes them look so much nicer when cooked. To learn how to de-vein shrimp, please visit this tutorial.
Don’t these look delicious?
For more shrimp recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
If you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to check out my shrimp pasta with broccoli. It is light but very flavorful.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped spring onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lime peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 24 uncooked medium shrimp (about 1 lb), peeled and deveined
- Grape tomatoes
- Lime slices, halved to garnish
- 8 bamboo skewers (5 or 6 inch) (soak them in water for a few hours before using)
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp and skewers in a large zip lock bag. Add shrimp to bag. Seal bag; turn to coat shrimp. Place bag in large bowl. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to marinate but no longer than 8 hours.
- Drain shrimp and discard marinade. Thread the shrimp and grape tomatoes on each skewer, leaving 1/4-inch space between each shrimp and tomato.
- Place shrimp on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 5 to 7 minutes, turning once, until shrimp are pink. (You can also cook them on a grill pan inside on the stove top.)
- Serve warm with a fresh salad.