These grilled sausages and veggies on the BBQ are a fun way to bring the taste of home to a camping trip or outdoor BBQ party. Seal peppers, potatoes, zucchini and sausage in an aluminum foil pouch and grill for a quick dinner.
Sausages and peppers are a favorite of my husbands, so I often cook them. Check out my ziti pasta and Italian sausages for another tasty idea.
Going camping doesn’t mean that you just need to cook hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill. This recipe is easy to prepare at home. Just wrap individual packages up for each member of your party and throw the whole thing on the grill.
All sorts of veggies will work for this recipe. Try some of these:
- baby potatoes
- sliced zucchini
- baby red, yellow and green peppers (they get REALLY sweet and are amazing!)
- onion quarters
- Brussels sprouts
You can even add a special seasoning that will take the flavor to the next level. This spice rub is easy to make and is perfect for other grilled meats, too. Just sprinkle a bit of the rub into the packet before you seal for an amazing flavor.
The indirect heat of the coals will cook both the meat and the veggies to perfection.
This recipe can also be cooked on a backyard gas BBQ.
For more recipes, please visit The gardening Cook on Facebook.
- 1 pound Baby potatoes
- 1 cup of sliced peppers
- 2 onion cut into quarters
- 1 sliced zucchini (make the slices fairly thick)
- 4 Sweet Italian sausages
- Spice rub
- Slice your veggies into evenly sized pieces. Add the sausages and sprinkle with the spice rub.
- Divide into 4 and Place 1/4 of the veggies and one sausage onto a sheet of foil wrap and seal tightly.
- Cook over open coals or on a gas grill until the meat is cook and the veggies are tender (about 20 minutes.
- Cut open carefully and slice the sausages into rounds.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 321Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 458mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 15g