This Greek omelette makes a great breakfast or brunch recipe. This is a Greek style country omelet, which means that it’s a hearty omelet, just packed with vegetables and cheese, and makes a filling main dish or big start to your day.
Greek Omelette with Artichokes and Feta Cheese
Artichokes and feta cheese are popular choices for recipes used in Greek cooking. I’ve used them in this recipe to make a tangy and tasty omelette.
I always like to slim down recipes where I can. For this breakfast choice. I have lightened the recipe a bit by using egg whites in place of one egg. If you want a more hearty one, three eggs also could be used.
You can also use2 % milk instead of cream to slim it down just a bit more.
Serve the Greek omelette with fresh fruit for a satisfying start to your day.
For more great recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
Looking for another healthy breakfast idea? Try this Spinach Frittata with Mushrooms and Leeks. It’s amazing!
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp of heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp spring onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of red pepper. diced
- 1/2 tsp fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup of baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp of feta cheese
- 3 artichoke hearts, canned, drained and diced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Place a non stick frying pan over medium heat and heat it. When it is hot, add the olive oil
- Stir in the spinach, red peppers, spring onions and artichokes.
- Cook until the spinach has wilted.
- Whisk together the egg whites, heavy cream and salt and pepper.
- Add the egg mixture to the frying pan so that it coats the bottom of the pan. Use a rubber spatula to lift the outside edge of the omelette inward, letting the runny eggs flow to bottom of pan- mix in the spinach and artichokes a little.
- Cook until the bottom of the omelette is cooked enough to turn it. Then flip it with a spatula.
- Once turned, add the feta cheese on one side of the omelette and fold it in half over the egg mixture.
- Flip it one more time to make sure both sides are cooked.
- Serve hot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 323 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 220mg Sodium: 470mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 5g Protein: 22g