St. Patrick’s Day will soon be here and that brings with it thoughts of luck. Enjoy these Good Luck Quotes and share them with a friend or on social media to send good luck wishes to all.
Motivational quotations on photos of nature are a favorite with the readers of The Gardening Cook, and they are also lots of fun for me to make. These graphics combine shamrock and other good luck images with well wishing quotes and sayings. Why not spread the luck around?
There are also some plants that are thought to bring good luck to the home. Check out these good luck plants:
Fun Facts about Shamrocks
Brush up on your knowledge of shamrocks with these fun facts.
- The botanical name trifolium repens (white clover) is the variety of clover that we recognize as a shamrock.
- A Shamrock has three leaves but, according to folklore, if you find one with four leaves, it means good luck.
- Each leaf of the clover means something different – first=hope, second=faith, third=love and fourth=luck.
- For every four leaf clover, expect to find 10,000 three leaved ones!
- Shamrocks are often a part of Irish weddings.
- The ancient Druids believed that they could keep away evil spirits and danger by carrying a shamrock with them.
- St. Patrick made the shamrock famous when he preached that the traditional 3 leaf clover depicted the Holy Trinity.
- Oxalis is often sold as a shamrock plant but it is different genus of plants – Oxalis triangularis (false shamrock) They may have purple or green leaves and the whole plant closes up at night and opens in the morning. Read about growing oxalis here.
- Sir John Melton Wrote “If a man walking in the fields finds any four-leaved grass, he shall in a small while after find some good thing.” in 1620. So luck and shamrocks have been associated together for centuries.
- In the early 18th century, the British authorities threatened those who work the color green or shamrocks with death, since it was a symbol of Ireland.
Here are my Good Luck Shamrock quotes
I love making graphics of shamrock images with good luck quotes and sayings embedded in them. I find them to be very popular on social media and people also love to print them out and use them as homemade greeting cards to share with their friends
And what better time to do this, than this time of the year, with St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner?
Here are some of my favorite images of shamrocks with sayings that make me think more about luck, and good wishes.
Nobody gets justice, people only get good luck or bad luck. – Orson Welles
Good Luck needs no explanation. – Shirley Temple
Every day a piano doesn’t fall on my head is good luck. – Meg Rosoff
Remember that sometimes not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck. – Dalai Lama XIV
The only sure thing about luck is that it will change. – Wilson Mizner
Luck never gives; it only lends. – Old Swedish Proverb
The best luck of all is the luck you make for yourself. – Douglas Macarthur
Good luck is a residue of preparation. – Jack Youngblood
Good luck beats early rising. – Irish Proverb
Luck is what you have left over after you give 100 percent. – Langston Coleman
A good friend is like a four leaf clover. – Jenna Evans Welch
More Best Wishes Quotes
Still looking for some inspiration? Here are some more best of luck quotes.
If you have a favorite quote, please leave it in the comments below and I’ll try to find a picture to make it into a wish you the best luck graphic.
1. “Luck is tenacity of purpose.” – Elbert Hubbard
2. “Luck marches with those who give their very best.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
3. “Some folks want their luck buttered.” – Thomas Hardy
4. “A lucky man is rarer than a white crow.” – Juvenal
5. “People always call it luck when you’ve acted more sensibly than they have.” – Anne Tyler
6. “Good luck is the twin brother of hard work.” – Anonymous
7. “You never know what worse luck your bad luck has saved you from.” – Cormac McCarthy
8. “Luck makes friends.” – Ovid
9. “I will ride my luck on occasion, but I like to pick the occasion.” – Rex Stout
10. “The greatest advice that good luck has for you is this: Do not look for me. I will find you.” – Mark Benedict
Pin these Luck Quotes and sayings for later.
Would you like a reminder of these St. Patrick’s Day luck quotes on a shamrock image? Just pin this image to one of your motivation boards on Pinterest.
If you love quotes and sayings on pretty pictures, be sure to also check out these posts:
- Inspirational Flower Quotes
- 20 Best Sunflower Quotes
- Romantic Rose Quotes
- Inspirational Fall Sayings and Quotes
- Motivational Quotes to Inspire You
- Gardening Quotes and Inspirational Sayings
- Inspirational Quotes about Hope
A note on these Good Luck Quotes
Making graphics such as these best of luck quotes take me quite a long time to do. If you share them on social media (and thank you for that!) please link to this page, rather than uploading the image yourself.
What is your favorite image that comes to mind when you think of luck? I’d love to hear your story in the comments below.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."