Getting something on the table in a hurry for a hectic weeknight can sometimes be a challenge. I normally like to cook everything from scratch but there are times when I just don’t have the luxury to do this. This easy Parmesan chicken recipe is perfect for those nights when time is at a premium and everyone is telling me that they are hungry.
This easy Parmesan chicken recipe is the perfect idea for a busy week night meal.
But don’t let the ease of making this easy Parmesan chicken fool you. It is full of flavor and no one will guess that you took a few shortcuts. Best of all, it will be on the dinner table in about 30 minutes!
Normally, Parmesan chicken involves a dipping station and then more time frying the chicken breasts in oil before you can start on a home made sauce. All of this well over an hour and a half or more in the kitchen, but for tonight’s meal, I just don’t have that extra time. But that does not mean that I don’t want that kind of TASTE! Nosiree! I enjoy tasty meals every night, even when I am in a hurry!
This is where Tyson® Parmesan Herb Crispy Chicken Strips and Barilla® Pasta Sauce and Barilla Pasta come to the rescue! Using these ingredients and a few of my fresh additions give me the home made Parmesan chicken taste without the time involved in a more time heavy recipe.
I chose Tyson® chicken strips because the product has 100% all natural ingredients. The chickens are raised with no added hormones, antibiotics or steroids and they are made with all white meat chicken. AND I can bake them in the oven instead of frying them in oil. This makes them perfect for the way I like to cook, by lightening up my meals when I can.
Barilla® pasta is not only my preferred brand of pasta, it is Italy’s #1 brand! And their sauce is made from vine ripened tomatoes, fresh garlic extra virgin olive oil and herbs, simmered to bring an authentic taste in every bite of my dish!
Adding in my fresh ingredients takes an already great tasting dish to even higher levels with fresh basil (I keep this growing all winter long indoors!), three types of cheese – mozzarella, sharp white cheddar, and fresh Parmesan. I just know that this dish will be the taste of Italy is every single bite of al dente perfection!
Making this easy Parmesan chicken recipe is basically done with four steps. I placed my chicken strips on a silicone baking mat then cooked them in the oven. While they were baking, I cooked my pasta and heated up the sauce by adding the extra basil and garlic, and then everything went into one baking dish in the oven to let the cheeses melted.
The taste of this easy Parmesan chicken is sublime. The Tyson® Parmesan Herb Crispy Chicken Strips take away the time spent mixing, dredging, dipping, frying and more. And all that other delicious goodness? One bite of this meal will make your family think you spent hours preparing it! Shhh…we don’t have to tell them our little secret do we?
Al dente pasta, rich thick garlicy pasta sauce and breaded Parmesan chicken pieces. All the goodness of a great Italian meal in one easy to prepare recipe. What is not to like? I made a simple salad to go along with this using Campari tomatoes, fresh basil and some small pieces of mozzarella, drizzled with a bit of extra virgin olive oil. It compliments my recipe beautifully, since it uses many of the same ingredients in a different form.
This dish will have you thinking that you are on a villa in Tuscany overlooking the grape vines and enjoying the late afternoon sun. Well a girl can dream, can’t she? Viva Italia!
Add a side salad or some garlic bread (or both) for a tasty, crunchy and EASY week night meal! Don’t you just love easy chicken recipes?
What is your favorite short cut for those nights when time is little and hungers are big? Tell us in the comments below!
- 4 Tyson® Parmesan Herb Crispy Chicken Strips
- 8 ounces of Barilla® Roasted Garlic Pasta Sauce
- 8 ounces of Barilla® Spaghetti
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 very thin slices of fresh mozzarella
- 1/4 cup grated white sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan
- Preheat an oven to 425 © F. Place the frozen chicken strips on a silicone mat on a baking sheet. Heat for 25-28 minutes, turning half way through the cooking time.
- While the chicken is cooking, place your pasta in boiling salted water and cook almost to the al dente stage.
- Meanwhile, add 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil to a sauté pan and cook the garlic for about 1 minute. Stir in the pasta sauce, add the fresh basil and simmer while the pasta is cooking.
- Place the cooked spaghetti in a baking dish. Top with the chicken pieces and ad a spoonful of the tomato sauce.
- Then layer the mozzarella cheese slices and sprinkle over the grated cheeses. Place in the oven for about 8 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and melted.
- Garnish with 1 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese and some more chopped fresh basil
- Serve with a side salad. Enjoy
Serving Size:1/4 of the recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 430mg Carbohydrates: 22g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Protein: 22g
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a "sponsored post." One of the companies who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."