This Dutch apple streusel pie has a crunchy oat topping and raisins for extra sweetness. It is the ultimate comfort food recipe.
There is nothing quite like the warm aroma of juicy apples and spicy cinnamon and nutmeg with a crunchy streusel topping.
Apples are plentiful right now, so grab a bunch of them and back up this delicious pie.
Dutch apple streusel pie
Use firm apples such as Granny smith, Gala or my personal favorite McIntosh. They hold up well in the oven.
The crunchy oat topping adds an extra bit of texture to this delicious apple pie. I love to serve it with a dollop of ice cream.
Even though this pie has a crumble topping, many apple pies have a crust on top. If you like that type of pie, check out these pie crust decorating ideas for some inspiration.
More pie recipes
Does your family love pies? Try one of these:
- Easy Strawberry Pie with Whipped Topping – Delicious Summertime Treat
- My Mum’s Butterscotch pie with a Torched Meringue Topping
- Chocolate Brownie Whoopie Pies with Peanut Buttercream Filling
- Tips for making a streusel topping for any pie
- Cherry Pie for National Cherry Pie Day
For the pie
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inch)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups apples (cored and sliced about 5 small)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons of butter at room temperature
For the topping
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 425 º F.
- Line 9" pie pan with an unbaked pie crust.
- Core and slice apples and sprinkle them with lemon juice.
- Mix the sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Fill pie shell with apple mixture. and dot with 2 tbsp of the softened butter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- White the pie is baking, mix the together the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix in the rolled oats and lemon zest. Rub the topping ingredients and butter together with your fingers until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle topping over warm pie.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 375 º F (190 º C).
- Bake the pie for an additional 30 to 35 minutes, until streusel is browned and apples are tender.
- To prevent excessive browning, cover the pie loosely with aluminum foil.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 324Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 3gSugar: 25gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.