This sweet DIY Miniature Gumdrop Topiary will be the center of attention on your Christmas table.
The only problem will be keeping it decorated until the end of the evening of your party!
Do it Yourself – Gumdrop Candy Topiary
The project is fun and easy to do. Just assemble all of your materials. You will need the following supplies:
- One red apple
- One round Styrofoam ball a little larger than the size of your apple
- A container to hold the apple (I used an over sized coffee mug that I had on hand.
- At least one bag of spice drops (depends on the size of your Styrofoam ball.)
- One regular sized candy cane
- a Few pieces of a Twizzlers licorice stick
- one red velvet bow
- 1 small gold bell
Use a pair of snips to cut your toothpicks in half. Cut the curled part of the candy cane off and push it into the middle of the bottom of the Styrofoam ball. Stick the cut end of the half toothpicks into the ball. You will need to test a few to see how close to place them so the gum drops cover well. Push the gumdrops on to the pointed end of the toothpicks, alternating the colors at random. Cut a hole in the top of the apple so that the candy cane will sit well into it. (needs to go down quite a way to hold the weight of the ball). Cut a few pieces from a red Twizzlers licorice stick. Place them into the hold next to the candy cane. This will help support the candy cane and hide the hole in the apple. Take the red velvet bow and tie it around the licorice pieces and twist at the back to secure. Display with pride!