Salmon is, hands down, my favorite fish. I love the richness of it. (I’m not normally a white fish person) It is full of omega 3 fatty acids and a staple of a Mediterranean Diet.
This recipe for grilled salmon with a Dijon herb mustard paste is to die for. Literally. As in super good. My husband just raved about the taste. Even those who aren’t salmon lovers will like this recipe. There is something about the paste that takes the fish to a whole new level.
Start by seasoning your salmon and then adding the paste to the top of the side with no skin. (I cook my salmon skin side down and then flip it and remove the skin. I don’t want the calories and don’t care for the taste of the skin.)
The fish cooks quickly. Just use a stove top grill pan and cook for about 5 minutes skin down, 3-4 minutes flipped and then another minute after the paste has cooked into the fish. You can keep the calories down by using an Olive oil Mister.
Serve with a couple of lemon wedges and your favorite side dish. I sautéed fresh sugar snap peas and baby tomatoes tonight. Delish.
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh oregano, minced
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp garlic wine vinegar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- olive oil spray - I use a Misto olive oil sprayer
- 12 oz salmon fillets, skin on
- Mediterranean sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 lemon wedges for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic with the herbs, vinegar, oil, and Dijon mustard until it becomes a paste. Set this aside.
- Season salmon with a pinch of sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper. Add the mustard/herb paste. Heat a stove top grill pan until hot. Spray the pan lightly with oil mist and reduce the heat to medium-low. Place the salmon on the hot grill pan, skin side down, and cook without moving for 5 minutes.
- Turn the salmon, and cook the other side for an additional 3-4 minutes. If any of the paste comes off the fish when you flip it, just add it to the skin side. (I normally remove the skin at this stage, but you can leave it if you wish.)
- Flip again and cook another 1 minute or so. I cooked mine about 10 minutes and it was about an inch thick at the thickest part.
- Transfer the fillets to plates and serve with fresh lemon wedges and your favorite side veggie.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 585Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 28gCholesterol: 107mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 39g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.