This recipe for crock pot vegetable curry is a remake of one that recently tried our on my meat eating husband and he loves it.
I love the smell in my house when a curry has been cooking all day long. The aromas are fragrant and so inviting.
The recipe is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free and fat free and one of my favorite meatless crock pot recipes.
Fill the House with the Aroma of this Crock Pot Vegetable Curry.
But in spite of that, Richard just loved the taste of this dish. It is full of flavor and so healthy and wholesome.
Even for those of you who are not curry fans, this dish is worth a try. It is rich and yet quite mild with a very savory taste.
One of the beauties of the recipe is that it is made in the crock pot. Add the spinach at the end and let it wilt just a little and you will be amazed at the flavor. Rich and delicious. You won’t miss the meat at all.
You can add any vegetables that you have on hand. The more the merrier! I made it the other night with cauliflower and Brussels sprouts and it was delicious.
If you like curries cooked in the slow cooker, check out this crock pot chicken curry.
For another vegetable style curry, check out my curried carrot soup with tofu. It’s perfect for a vegan diet.
Crock Pot Vegetable Curry with Apples
This recipe for crock pot vegetable curry is full of flavor and will delight even the meat eating members of your family
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 3-4 small fingerling potatoes, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, cored, diced
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 2-3 Granny Smith apples, cored, diced
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 onion diced
- 1-2 limes, juice only
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- pinch of cumin, cayenne pepper and salt to taste
- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- fresh cilantro, diced
- Tofutti Sour Supreme (vegan, dairy-free sour cream)
- Combine all ingredients, except baby spinach, cilantro and sour cream, in a crock-pot. Stir to mix well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-5 hours.
- When soup is done cooking, stir in baby spinach and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Top with a spoonful of the vegan sour cream and garnish with fresh cilantro
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 171Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 585mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 6gSugar: 12gProtein: 5g
Craftaholics Anonymous® | 20 Savory Apple Recipes for Fall
Thursday 29th of September 2016
[…] Crock Pot Vegetable Curry with Apples via The Gardening Cook […]