These creative hummingbird feeders will attract the delicate birds to your garden with their colorful red designs.
I am always fascinated when I see hummingbirds flitting around my garden. They are so delicate and seem to defy all rules of aeronautics as they hover over flowers gathering nectar.
Hummingbird Feeders for any garden setting
You can make your own hummingbird feeders by using hummingbird feeder tubes. There are also some lovely feeders to purchase, and some of these ideas are DIY projects, but all are creative and beautiful.
See how to make your own DIY Hummingbird Nectar:
- 1. mix 1/4 c. sugar
- 1 c. water together.
- Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Place mixture in pan over medium heat and boil for five minutes.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Pour the mixture into hummingbird feeder.
- Cover any unused hummingbird nectar and refrigerate for up to five days.
Note: you can add red food coloring if desired.
A re-purposed smoky amber wine bottle is now a beautiful sun-catching hummingbird feeder! Embellished with red glass flowers and hand painted roses and leaves. This item is a true piece of garden art. Available for purchase at Etsy.
DIY hummingbird feeder with Glass bottle and copper wire. Photo credit Birds and Blooms