The Red Lobster restaurant is known for its signature cheddar biscuits, creamy clam chowder, and delicious seafood dishes of all types.
This copycat recipe shows an easy way to re-create Red Lobster’s Nantucket Baked Cod recipe at home with items that you most likely already have in your pantry.
As nice as Red Lobster’s dishes are, they are also loaded in butter. This dish is slimmed down quite a bit but still has all of the flavor of the restaurant dish.
At less than 200 calories a serving, it won’t hurt anyone’s dieting efforts!
The dish is so simple to do. Just combine the spices, sprinkle the cod with the melted butter, lemon zest and lemon juice, add a couple of tomato slices and a sprinkling of fresh Parmesan cheese.
What could be easier!
The fish does not need much butter and the lemon zest adds a nice tang. Just sprinkle with the easy mix of Kosher salt, cracked black pepper, cayenne pepper and paprika.
Next add two slices of tomatoes to each cod fillet and sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake in a preheated 425º oven for about 8 minutes, then turn the grill to broil and cook for another 6-8 minutes or until the cheese and tomatoes begin to brown.
This delicious dish is ready in a flash. Perfect for busy weeknights when time is at a premium. No need to bring in Red Lobster take away. Make it at home!
Copy Cat Recipe: Red Lobster Nantucket Baked Cod
- 1 1/2 pounds of fresh cod fillets
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp of grated lemon zest
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- dash of cracked black pepper
- dash of cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425º. Combine all of the spices in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the cod fillets into an oven proof baking dish.
- Melt the butter in the microwave and brush over the fish. Sprinkle with the combined spice mix.
- Using a fine grater, grate the lemon zest over the fish, Add the lemon juice.
- Cut the tomatoes into slices and layer two slices on each piece of fish.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the fish for 8 minutes, then turn on the broiler and cook another 6-8 minutes or until the cheese and tomatoes start to turn brown.
- Serve with salad and a baked potato. No need for Red Lobster takeaway!
Sunday 15th of May 2022
I stumbled across this recipe and it sounded good, so I thought I’d try it. I would definitely make this again. My one mistake was buying frozen filets so I could not see the consistency of the 4 filets in the bag, making cooking times questionable when you have two filets that were square thick cut and two long thin filets. But, the taste was great and it has a fresh, zesty flavor. This is a keeper.
Monday 16th of May 2022
I find the same issue with frozen fish. I wish they would be uniform in size, no matter what size they choose to package.
Friday 27th of July 2018
A great recipe. I just made it for dinner for my husband and me. Thank you!
Friday 27th of July 2018
Hi Linda. Glad that you enjoyed the recipe! Carol
Sunday 22nd of October 2017
I've never eaten at Red Lobster, but this looks pretty good and really simple. I would probably substitute local haddock since I like that better than cod but otherwise I can see myself tying this recipe. Great job!