This interesting recipe was submitted by a reader of the website who has their own website called Casa de Retalhos. Regina is a Brazillian who has been living in America for over 18 years. Her blog is written in Portuguese, but when she does recipes she also writes them in English as well.
Her site is very interesting with recipes, gardening info and some great images.
Printable recipe: Coconut chocolate Dessert with Grapes
This recipe is a chocolate coconut dessert recipe which uses grapes for a refreshing topping and looks delicious.
Very festive looking too. Might be something different to add to your Thanksgiving buffet table this year.
Thanks for sharing Regina. Be sure to visit her website Casa de Retalhos for more interesting desserts.
- 16 green grapes, washed and dried well, and sliced in half (leave some whole to garnish)
- 3 maraschino cherries
- 10 tbsp of unsweetened shredded coconut
- 28 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 10 ounces heavy cream
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix the condensed milk, butter and coconut in a medium saucepan over low heat stirring constantly. When the mixture starts to thicken, remove it from heat and pour it into a serving dish.
- When this mixture cools off place the grapes gently over the top.
- For the ganache. combine the chocolate and heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Let it cool slightly, then use a spatula to pour it very gently over the grapes.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours before enjoying this easy and delicious dessert.
Amount Per Serving Calories 491 Total Fat 26g Saturated Fat 17g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 63mg Sodium 139mg Carbohydrates 61g Fiber 2g Sugar 59g Protein 9g