If you are looking for a really tasty breakfast on the go for those busy mornings, try one of these blueberry streusel muffin top muffins.
Blueberry Streusel muffin top muffins make a great breakfast treat.
I made these muffins as a bakery store super sized recipe because I wanted to make them in a new product that I just discovered. These sweet “Mr Muffin” muffin tops silicone baking cupsmake an over sized muffin. (affiliate link) The batter fills up the container and spills over to make a muffin top shape, which makes them perfect for the adorable jean shape on the bottom.
I love the flavor of a blueberry muffin, but I have them quite often. I wanted to dress up this recipe for their new container with a flavorful streusel topping. It’s simple to make. Just 4 tbsp of brown sugar, 1 tbsp of flour, and 2 tsp of butter. I mixed it with a fork and then crumbled it with my fingertips to get a coarse cornmeal texture. (you can use this streusel on any flavor of muffin for an extra touch of sweetness.)
The muffin cups will need to be well filled in order for them to make the muffin top shape. For those of you who are not familiar with the term muffin top, Wikipedia describes it as “overhanging fat that spills over the waistline of pants or skirts like the top of a muffin spilling over its paper casing because of tight clothing in that particular area of the body or excess body fat.”
In order for the muffin to spill over, you will have to fill the cups well. I put my batter almost to the top of the cup.
All that was left to do was to sprinkle the streusel topping on the batter and bake them. I used about 2 tsp of the streusel for each muffin.
When the muffins are done, let them cool for about five minutes before placing them on a wire rack to cool. Be sure to give them at least 15 minutes on the rack. The muffins will release a bit from the muffin cup and make taking them off easier. The muffins are super tasty, with the fruity flavor of fresh blueberries and perfect for your breakfast on the go. They are moist and delicious and really big.
Just remember not to eat too many of these super sized delights or they might just give you a muffin top!
Note: I received these Silicone muffin cups free of charge for mentioning them in my recipe. I only recommend products that I feel my readers will enjoy. I love these and hope you do too.
For more breakfast ideas, check out these breakfast recipes.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (I use free range eggs
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups blueberries, fresh (frozen also work but don't defrost them if you use frozen)
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tsp butter at room temperature.
- reheat oven to 400º F. Arrange your silicone jean muffin cups on a baking sheet. (no need to grease them)
- Prepare the streusel topping by combining the brown sugar, butter and flour. Mix with a fork and then crumble it with your fingers to make a coarse cornmeal texture. Set it aside while you make the muffins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and Kosher salt and set it aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and milk. Add flour mixture and stir by hand until just combined.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly into 6 over sized Mr Muffin silicone muffin top cups. Be sure to fill the muffin cups well to get the muffin top when you are done. Sprinkle the muffins with streusel topping.
- Bake at 4000º for 25 - 30 min, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- When muffins are done, cool for a few minutes in the muffin cups before removing and then cool on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving Calories 270 Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 6g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 69mg Sodium 189mg Carbohydrates 41g Fiber 1g Sugar 23g Protein 4g
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."