Printable Recipe: Best Ever Guacamole
I love anything that has avocados as an ingredient. They are so rich and creamy and good for you too, in moderation. This recipe for Guacamole was the hit of several Christmas parties this year.
Start by mashing the avocados. Then mix in the lime juice (this will add flavor and keep the avocados from turning brown.)
Stir in the salt, diced onion, chopped fresh cilantro, diced tomatoes, diced jalapeno chilis, pepper, and minced garlic. Mix well.
Serve with brown tortilla chips.We took this to three Christmas parties this year and it was devoured in no time at all. The fresh cilantro adds a huge amount of flavor so be sure to get fresh if you can find it. It makes the dish!
- 3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 2 tbsp diced chilis
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- Blue Taco chips
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in the onion, cilantro, tomatoes, diced chilis, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper.
- Let the mixture sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to 1 hour for best flavor, and then serve immediately with blue taco chips.
- Best served at room temperature.