This recipe for savory baked island chicken is tangy and flavorsome and is so easy to make. Just prepare the marinade the day before (or up to three hours before cooking) and bake in the oven right before dinner. It has a nice combination of lovely Caribbean flavors.
Savory Baked Island Chicken Make you Feel as though you are in the Caribbean.
The recipe is also great during the summer months if you cook the chicken on the grill. The flavors of robust fresh lemon juice and garlic flavors allows the soy sauce and oregano to really shine.
Assemble your ingredients. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs that are full of flavor.
Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
Whisk the other ingredients to make your marinade.
Pour the marinade over the chicken and marinate in the fridge for at least three hours. (Overnight is even better)
Bake in a preheated over for 35- 45 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Baste with some of the reserved marinade while cooking. (cooking time depends on the size of the chicken.)
Add a tossed salad or some grilled pineapple and you will feel as though you are in the islands for the day.
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless skinless
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 1-2 lemons)
- zest of one lemon
- 1 ½ tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Spray a serving dish with Pam cooking spray.
- Combine the other ingredients except chicken in a bowl. Whisk until the marinade is well mixed.
- Place the the chicken breasts in a serving dish and cover with the marinade. Refrigerate and marinate up to 10 hours. The longer you marinate the better the chicken will be.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF . Drain the excess marinade and reserve. Bake the chicken breasts, basting occasionally with the excess marinade. Bake in the oven until cooked through about 45 minutes (exact baking time will depend on the size of your chicken pieces.) Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 208mg Sodium: 991mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 42g
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."