I knew I would love this recipe for these No-Bake Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars before I even made them. They have my favorite ingredients – peanut butter and chocolate AND they are no bake. What could be better to tempt your sweet tooth?
Peanut butter bars are a bit hit in our house. I made another version the other day and they were gone in a flash.
It’s time to satisfy your sweet tooth with these no bake chocolate peanut butter bars.
No Bake desserts are some of my favorites. They come together quickly and I love the way they taste, too!
In a microwave safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and butter in 1 minutes intervals until it is creamy. Remove and add the pure vanilla extract. Let cool for about 10 minutes.Mix the crushed graham crackers, powdered sugar, salt and dark chocolate chips. Stir in the peanut butter mixture and mix well to combine. Try not to dive into the bowl and eat it right now. Seriously, this stuff is GOOD.Line a 9×9″ pan with parchment paper, then spread the peanut butter mixture firmly and evenly in the bottom and set aside. Be sure to press down well so that it holds its shaped later when cut.
Spread the peanut butter and chocolate layer over the crust and smooth evenly to the edges. Sprinkle over the crushed cashews. I saved a bit of the melted chocolate and added it to a piping bag and drizzled the top of the bar mixture.
Place the pan in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate has set, then cut into bars and serve.The bars are rich and so delicious. The base is creamy and yet crunchy and the chocolate peanut butter layer reminds me of Reese’s peanut butter cups.Add to that a topping of crunchy cashews and you have a dessert that you just won’t be able to resist! Bet you can’t eat just one!If you are a fan of no bake recipes, have a look at No Bake Cookies, Bars and Pies by G&R Publishing, available on Amazon. The book has over 120 delectable cookies, scrumptious bars and tasty pies that are finished and ready to serve in just minutes. Perfect for the busy mom or the beginner chef!The main problem with these no bake chocolate peanut butter bars is that they won’t make it out the door. I’m not kidding guys…once you take a bite of one, the pan will be calling your name all day long. Good thing they freeze well. That’s about the only way I can keep these in the house without devouring the whole pan.if you like the taste of the crust layer on these, make a double batch and turn the extra half into some neat autumn truffles by adding a few extra ingredients. See the recipe for this sweet treat on my holiday site.
For the peanut butter layer
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extrac
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers , crushed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- For the chocolate layer
- 3/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp peanut butter, smooth
- 1/2 cup cashews
- In a microwave bowl, melt the butter and 3/4 cups of the peanut butter , stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla extract. Set aside and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the graham crackers, powdered sugar, salt and chocolate chips.
- Stir in the peanut butter mixture and mix well to combine.
- Line a 9 x 9" pan with parchment paper, then spread the peanut butter mixture firmly and evenly in the bottom and set aside..
- Melt the 3/4 cups chocolate chips and 2 tbsp peanut butter together in the microwave, stirring well to combine.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer, being sure to cover the base evenly. (reserve a bit of the chocolate to drizzle over the top.)
- Sprinkle over the chopped cashew nuts and drizzle with a bit of the reserved melted chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate has set, then cut into bars and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g
For more delicious desserts, see my Pinterest Sweet Endings Board.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."