Are you looking for a recipe that will give you the moistest chicken you have ever made? Use bacon! Not only does the bacon give the chicken a delicious taste, but if wrapped around the chicken breasts, it will make them moist and very juicy.
This is another easy recipe. I make the marinade early in the day and let the chicken sit. Then all that is needed is layering the cheese and tomatoes and wrapping it with bacon.
Pop it in the oven for a half hour while you enjoy a glass of wine with your husband and wait for the rave reviews when he bites into this wonderful recipe.
Great served with a side salad and crusty bread. You’ll never bake plain chicken breasts again after seeing how moist this chicken is!
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut in thirds (12 pieces)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 2 tsp fresh oregano
- 2 tsp fresh thyme
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- tomato slices
- 4 ounces of Cabot reduced fat cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 8 slices of bacon
- Cut each chicken breast horizontally but do not cut all the way though, so that you end up with a flap in the middle. Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Combine the garlic salt, oregano, and thyme with the olive oil and soy sauce. Place the chicken in the marinade and coat well. Let this marinade for 30 minutes or more.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place 4 basil leaves on the bottom half of the slit in each chicken breast. Top each with a thick tomato slice and 1 ounces of cheese. Fold over top half of chicken. Wrap 2 slices bacon around each chicken breast.
- Bake at 400 º F for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is nice and brown and crispy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 125mg Sodium: 866mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 50g