This asparagus and pepper stuffed portobello mushroom recipe is both healthy and impressive. You could serve it to a vegetarian by itself or a meat eater with a steak—and both would b equally happy.
Printable recipe – Asparagus Pepper Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
Looking for a vegetarian option? Try these two recipes:
- Stuffed Portobello Mushroom with Kale and Quinoa
- Vegetarian Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms – With Vegan Options
For more great recipes, Please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
- 2 Portabello mushrooms, fresh, 2 large
- Onions, raw, 1 small
- Bacon, pork, 2 medium slices, cooked
- Garlic, 2 clove
- Olive Oil, 1 1tsp
- Sweet peppers (bell), .25 medium
- Panko Bread crumbs, 0.25 cup
- Parmesan Cheese, grated, 2 tbsp
- champagne vinegar, 1 tbsp
- Salt, .5 tsp
- Pepper, black, .25 tsp
- Asparagus, fresh, 6 spear, small (5" long or less)
- Cheddar Cheese, 0.33 cup, diced
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the gills from the mushrooms. Chop the stem.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and cook the stem of the mushrooms with the bacon, onions, garlic, asparagus and peppers until lightly cooked.
- Stir in the champagne vinegar. Add the panko bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese. Cook in a 350 degree oven for about 10-15 minutes until the cheese has melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 240Total Fat: 14.5gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 985mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 2.1gProtein: 14.1g