Are you having friends over for drinks any time soon? The right appetizer can set your entertaining off in style. These Asparagus crostini appetizers are simple to make, but the delicate asparagus spears and distinct flavors of prosciutto and Gouda cheese will make your guests think you spent hours in the kitchen making them. They are the perfect choice for an easy drinks night.
Asparagus Crostini Appetizers are a Crowd Pleaser.
For more great recipes, please visit my Facebook page.
What is your favorite and easy go to appetizer? Please leave your suggestions in the comments section below.
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/8 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1 French bread baguette cut into 12 1/2 inch slices
- 3 thin slices prosciutto cut into thin strips
- 6 oz. Gouda cheese, cut into 12 slices
- Cut the asparagus tips into 2-inch lengths. (Discard stalks or save for use in a soup or other recipe.)
- Place asparagus tips in a 15x10x1-inch x 1-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Bake at 425°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Brush baguette slices on both sides with remaining oil. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Top each slice with asparagus, prosciutto and gouda cheese. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 487mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."