This crostini appetizer recipe is simple to make. The delicate asparagus spears and distinct flavors of prosciutto and Gouda cheese will make your guests think you spent hours in the kitchen making them.
The appetizers are the perfect choice for an easy drinks night.
Are you having friends over for drinks any time soon? The right appetizer can set your entertaining off in style.
These bite sized crostini slices are rich and tasty and super easy to serve, and to eat.
What is a crostini?
A crostini is an Italian appetizer which consists of small slices of toasted bread with toppings. They are the perfect small bite before a meal or when served as a party appetizer.
The toppings can vary but may include different cheeses, meats, veggies and condiments.
Today we’ll be combining asparagus with prosciutto and Gouda cheese for light bite with a healthy touch.
Share this crostini appetizer recipe on TwitterHaving a party soon? This crostini appetizer is easy to make and combines prosciutto with Gouda cheese! Click To Tweet
This crostini appetizer is a crowd pleaser
The fresh asparagus and olive oil team up with with the prosciutto and Gouda cheese. Pop them onto slices of French bread. The recipe is easy peasy and so delicious.
Your friends will all be asking for the recipe!
To make the appetizer, drizzle the cut asparagus spears and season them, the roast them in a hot oven.
Brush the baguette slices with oil and broil for a minute or two.
Top with the asparagus, prosciutto and gouda cheese. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I love how versatile these crostini appetizers are. You can serve them open face with just the prosciutto and asparagus or top them with the Gouda cheese for a more rich taste.
To change the crostini recipe, you could add figs or olives for a more eclectic experience. For a creamier crostini appetizer, add some cream cheese under the prosciutto and asparagus, All versions taste wonderful.
For more great recipes, please visit my Facebook page.
What is your favorite and easy go to appetizer? Please leave your suggestions in the comments section below.
Pin this crostini appetizer for later
Would you like a reminder of this party appetizer crostini recipe with prosciutto and asparagus? Just pin this image to one of your food boards on Pinterest food boards on Pinterest so that you can easily find it later.
For another tasty cream cheese appetizer, be sure to check out my phyllo cup crab and cream cheese appetizer. They are simply to make and super tasty.
- 12 fresh asparagus spears
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 French bread baguette cut into 12 1/2 inch slices
- 3 thin slices prosciutto cut into thin strips
- 6 ounces. Gouda cheese, cut into 12 slices
- Place asparagus spears on a 15x10x1-inch x 1-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and pepper. Bake at 425°F for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Cut the asparagus tips into 2-inch lengths. (Discard stalks or save for use in a soup or other recipe.)
- Brush baguette slices on both sides with remaining oil. Place on a baking sheet and broil for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Top each slice with asparagus, prosciutto and gouda cheese. Broil 3 to 4 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 161Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 21mgSodium: 487mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 9g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.