It is perfect for a busy week night. This Ahi Tuna recipe (also known as yellow fin tuna) can be served quite rare, so it only takes a few minutes per side and the sauce is fast to make.
Ahi Tuna Recipe with White Wine Butter Sauce – gourmet style personified.
This recipe for ahi tuna in white wine butter sauce is one that any good restaurant would be proud to offer.
Assemble your ingredients.
Heat the olive oil and cook the Tuna about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and keep warm.
Add the butter and cook the garlic. Stir in the champagne vinegar, wine and tarragon and cook until reduced.
Spoon the sauce over the tuna and serve with a tossed salad for a delightful meal.
- 8 oz. Ahi tuna steaks
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp tarragon
- 1 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- Cracked Black pepper (to taste)
- Bring the tuna to near room temperature. This will insure that you get even cooking.
- Place the olive oil in a skillet, and pre-heat the pan to medium-high.
- Once pan gets really hot, season tuna filets with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper and sear for 1-2 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Remove fish from pan and keep warm. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the butter, white wine, tarragon and champagne vinegar to pan. Reduce sauce for a few minutes, then top tuna filets with sauce. Let the tuna sit for several minutes before cutting into it.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 339Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 446mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 33g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."