Ahi Tuna with White Wine Butter Sauce – gourmet style personified.
This recipe for ahi tuna in white wine butter sauce is one that any good restaurant would be proud to offer.
It is perfect for a busy week night. Ahi Tuna (also known as yellow fin tuna) can be served quite rare, so it only takes a few minutes per side and the sauce is fast to make.
Assemble your ingredients.
Heat the olive oil and cook the Tuna about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and keep warm.
Add the butter and cook the garlic. Stir in the champagne vinegar, wine and tarragon and cook until reduced.
Spoon the sauce over the tuna and serve with a tossed salad for a delightful meal.
- Bring the tuna to near room temperature. This will insure that you get even cooking.
- Place the olive oil in a skillet, and pre-heat the pan to medium-high.
- Once pan gets really hot, season tuna filets with Kosher salt and cracked black pepper and sear for 1-2 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Remove fish from pan and keep warm. Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the butter, white wine, tarragon and champagne vinegar to pan. Reduce sauce for a few minutes, then top tuna filets with sauce. Let the tuna sit for several minutes before cutting into it.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."