The middle of summer is the peak time for vegetable gardening. This type of garden gives us loads of fresh vegetables to use in healthy recipes.
But an amazing garden doesn’t just happen by planting seeds. It’s easy to make vegetable garden mistakes, even for a seasoned gardener.
These 19 easy vegetable gardening tips will make sure that your crop is amazing this year.
If you like to grow vegetables, be sure to ready my post about how to troubleshoot vegetable garden problems as well as some solutions.
My vegetable garden is one of the big joys of my life. Last year, I grew vegetables in containers on a deck garden with great success.
This year, I made two easy raised garden beds with some recycled wood and cement wall supports in just a couple of hours.
There is nothing that I like more, to start my day, than to go out there and see what has been happening since the day before.
Bringing in those baskets of fresh vegetable harvests is not too bad either! It is so nice to know that what we are eating is home grown, free of chemicals and so wonderfully tasty.
But before you can get harvests, there are some basic things you need to know or your garden will end up being a big area of weeds with disease ridden plants and bugs.
19 Easy Vegetable Gardening Tips
There are so many easy tips and tricks that you can follow to get a bumper crop of vegetables.
- Did you know that there are many vegetables that you can cut off (instead of pulling up) which will grown again?
- It may surprise you to discover how easy it is to grow cucumbers up, instead of out, and save you tons of space in your garden bed
- Find out how to get rid of annoying squash bugs
- What a fun project to do with the kids – You can grow potatoes in a 40 gallon trash bag
- Do you know what to add to your compost pile to end up with a nutrient rich organic medium to add to your veggies?
- Find out what makes cucumbers grow yellow, or taste bitter in these articles.
- Find out about the colors of bell peppers and learn why some peppers won’t turn red.
For tips to all of these questions and many more, please visit my Home Talk Veggie Gardening Tips Clip board.