Are you a breakfast fanatic? These 10 breakfast kitchen gadgets may be just the thing to revolutionize the way that you manage your mornings.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Even though this is a very busy time in most homes, it’s important to me to make sure that I start my day out in the right way. That means starting my day with breakfast kitchen gadgets that make my mornings both fun and easy.
I love kitchen gadgets almost as much as I love breakfast. Some women like to shop for clothes. I, on the other hand, love to head to the housewares departments of my favorite stores to see what fun new gadgets I can try out. To make sure that my mornings (and those of my readers) starts out well, I have put together some tips for using cool breakfast kitchen gadgets in a fun way.
1. Make muffins fun. There are loads of colorful cupcake liners that you can use to make muffins, but one of my absolute favorites are these Muffin Top Muffin Cups. These super cute muffin liners are made of silicone to withstand the heat and can be used over and over again. They give new meaning to the term “muffin tops.” I made some delicious blueberry streusel muffins recently using them and they turned out so cute.2. Make Drinking Coffee Fun. How cool is this coffee cup? It is perfect for the person who likes to tinker during breakfast. The sky is the limit for what you can create with this Build on Brick Block Mug. I see sky scrapers in your future!
3. Make breakfast shapes fun. Sometimes, getting kids to eat breakfast can be a daunting task. These neat breakfast molds change all that. They are shaped in a circle, a heart, a flower, and a star. Use them to make both fried eggs and pancakes for a fun breakfast look.4. Make your own Egg McMuffins. It’s easy to make Egg McMuffins at home. Forget fast food take away! This neat hamburger egg maker will have you turning out tasty and healthy breakfast burgers at home in no time at all by using English muffins, Canadian bacon and fresh eggs. 5. Start the day with a smile. Smiling is contagious. Once you see a smile, you will often return it. So seeing a plate full of smiley pancakes is sure to start the day with a bunch of giggles from the younger set. This smiley face pancake pan has a non stick surface to make cleaning up easier and features 7 different smiley faces. What fun!
6. Make measuring fun. There are a lot of different ceramic measuring spoons on the market at various retailers. I love this set of honey bee measuring spoons that I received recently as a gift for a Tate N Lyle promotion. They make measuring items for breakfast baked goods so much fun when you are baking.7. Make seasoning food fun. My daughter Jess gave me a set of these two peas in a pod salt and pepper shakers for Christmas a few years ago. They are so nostalgic for us, first because we both gobble down raw shelled peas during the fresh pea season, and second because we really are two peas in a pod. I use them all the time and love that the bases are magnetic so the peas won’t get broken.
8. Make Smoothies easy to drink. Nothing is worse than making a smoothie and then almost getting lock jaw from trying to drink it with a straw that is way too small. I make smoothies all the time and always use a special straw designed for them. A smoothie straw is much wider than a normal straw and allows you to get every drop, no matter how thick it is. I also make smoothie time fun by using mason jar mugs with handles for a fun drinking glass. This delicious Paleo nutella smoothie shows both the mug and the straw that are my favorite.
9. Cut a grapefruit more easily. We often eat grapefruit at our house, but trying to section them without peeling the whole thing like an orange can be tricky. Not so with this double edged grapefruit knife. The knife has two blades. One is serrated for sectioning the grapefruit and the other end is curved to cut the sections away from the rind. It works beautifully and no more grapefruit juice in your eyes!10. Make no fuss bacon. Last on my list of breakfast kitchen gadgets is this no fuss ceramic bacon cooker. The cooker is fashioned from handmade ceramics. It can cook up to 10 pieces of bacon at a time and has a hole in the bottom of the cup to drain the grease. The saucer also has a spout for pouring away the bacon grease. It makes crispy bacon in minutes.
These breakfast kitchen gadgets will make your mornings both fun and so much easier. Do you have a favorite breakfast kitchen gadget? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."