This recipe for Tilapia piccata is very versatile. Just substitute any white fish such as flounder or sole. The recipe is easy and elegant.
The wine and capers add a lovely piquant sauce to the dish and makes the meal perfect for a fancy dinner.
Piccata is an Italian word (sometimes spelled pichotta) which means to be pounded flat. When it is used in reference to preparing food, it means served in a tangy sauce with butter spices and lemon.
Often capers are used as an ingredient. A piccata flavor is tart and goes beautifully with fish.
Making the tilapia piccata
This recipe is really quick and easy to make.
The longest part is just cooking the rice. I used a rice cooker, since it gives me fully perfect rice every time. The fish itself takes less than 10 minutes. Perfect for a busy week night.
Serve this tilapia recipe with a small side salad. You family will love it!
More recipes to try
If you like the flavor of this recipe, try these tangy ideas:
- Garlic Lemon Chicken – Mustard Herb Sauce – Easy 30 Minute Recipe
- Lemon Chicken Piccata Recipe – Tangy and Bold Mediterranean Flavor
- Light Seafood Piccata with Pasta
- Chicken piccata with artichokes
Tilapia Piccata with Wine and Capers
This recipe for Tilapia piccata is very versatile. Just substitute any white fish such as flounder or sole. The recipe is easy and so elegant.
- 24 ounces Tilapia
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon drained and chopped capers
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- 1 cup of long grain white rice
- Cook the rice in a rice cooker with 1/4 tsp of the sale and 1/8 tsp of the pepper until it is done. (about 1/2 hour)
- Sprinkle the fish with the remaining salt and pepper. Coat it in the flour.
- Heat the oil in a non stick frying pan over a medium high heat.
- Add fish and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until the fish flakes with a fork.
- Add the wine, lemon juice and zest and capers to the pan. Cook for 1 minute and then add the butter.
- Stir until the butter melts.
- Serve over rice with a small side salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 376Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 112mgSodium: 458mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 46g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.