Halloween is right around the corner and that means that it is time for some spooky cocktail recipes. Fruity and delicious, this Halloween Witches Brew Cocktail is the perfect way to get your holiday party started.
The leaves are falling, the temperatures are getting colder and the holiday season is approaching again. Where on earth does the time go? It is time to start thinking about some spooky Halloween cocktails.
I recently bought a pair of ceramic witches feet that I planned to use as a succulent planter this fall. And that turned my mind to all things witches, including cocktails!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Some of the links below are affiliate links. I earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, if you purchase through one of those links.
Set the scene with a Halloween Witches Brew cocktail
Halloween drinks have a few things in common. Most are colorful and have names that invoke scary Halloween themes. All are perfect for get togethers and parties that are so common this time of the year.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Crow’s blood Halloween drink – it’s garnished with lychee eyeball garnish for a hair raising effect.
- Candy corn martini – 3 layers of creamy sweetness that resembles a favorite fall candy choice.
Witches play a big part in Halloween, so it’s no surprise that this colorful and fruity drink has a witch themed name. I made a different version of a Witches Brew last year for my recipe site and it was a huge hit, so now it’s time for the Gardening Cook to have a turn.
Imagine serving this Halloween witches brew cocktail recipe as a party punch in a cauldron styled vessel with acopper ladle for guests to help themselves?
Seeing a drink served in this way invokes all sorts of alchemy experiments – most of which are related to Halloween.
After all, not every witch lives in Salem. Some of them are having parties right now and serving these fruity Halloween drinks to guests!Halloween is just around the corner. It's time to think about the spooky drinks you'll be making this year. Head on over to The Gardening Cook for a spooky witches brew cocktail. It'll scare your pants off! 👹👽👻🦴🎃 Click To Tweet
What’s in this Witches Brew cocktail?
The drink uses the flavors of pineapple and cranberry juice with Sprite and Malibu coconut rum.
The flavors of pineapple juice and Sprite are delicious and sweet on their own. When paired with the tartness of cranberries, you end up with a drink that has a bit of a kick.
Another plus for Halloween is that the red and yellow ingredients in this drink combine make the drink a lovely orange color that is perfect when served beside Halloween pumpkins!
Note on the color: I added one drop each of red and yellow food coloring to enhance the orange hue of the drink.
Making this cocktail into an adult Halloween punch
This witches brew recipe comes together in just 5 minutes, so it’s easy to make on the spot. This recipe make a batch of 10 drinks. If you need to make a larger amount, feel free to adjust your ingredient amounts to make a larger batch of this witches brew.
(Double up the amounts to make a Halloween punch for 20 people or 2 drinks per person.)
- 20 oz pineapple juice
- 20 oz cranberry juice
- 40 oz Sprite
- 4 cups of Malibu Coconut Rum
Add ice and fruit to a large bowl, and pour in the ingredients and mix well. Add some lychee eyeballs or gummy worms and you have set the scene for a spooky night.
Garnishes for Halloween drinks
Setting the mood with Halloween drinks is part of the fun.Try one of these Halloween cocktail garnishes to enhance the effect.
- Add some gummy worms draped over the side of the glass and you’ve good instant spookiness!
- Serve drinks over ice and add black licorice sticks for guests to stir the drink with.
- If you are making the witches brew recipe in a cauldron, add cranberries, pineapple pieces or other fruit in the bowl to enhance the fruity taste of the drink.
- Fresh cranberries on a skewer will add to the tartness of the drink.
- Lychees with some cranberries smeared on them look like eyeballs! They are perfect for any spooky drinks.
- Carve a Jack O Lantern’s face in a round of pineapple, and add it to the edge of your glass.
- Enhance the color of the drink with some orange sanding sugar on the edge of the glasses for a bit of extra texture.
- Be sure to have some realistic spiders scattered on the drink table for an extra spooky mood.
- An easy way to add a bloody effect to any Halloween drink is to drizzle a thick red liquid edge of the glasses. Cranberry syrup would work for this drink.
More Witches Brew Cocktails
Did you know that there are dozens of Halloween cocktails with the name “Witches Brew?” Some use dry ice for effect, others rely on color and a few are sweet concoctions that could almost pass for dessert.
All are perfect for any Halloween party. See my list of Witches Brew drinks here.
Don’t let the fun stop when November hits. This fruity drink is perfect for Halloween but you can enjoy it all year long, as well.
Pour the drink into an Old Fashioned glass next summer, garnish with fruit and you’ll be enjoying the flavors of the Caribbean with thoughts of witches, long gone.
Pin this Halloween Witches Brew cocktail for later
Would you like a reminder of this colorful and fruity Halloween drink? Just pin this image to one of your cocktail boards on Pinterest, so that you can easily find it later.
Admin note: This post first for my Witches Brew Cocktail appeared on the blog in October of 2014. I have updated the post to add new ideas for garnishes and new photos, a printable recipe card and a video for you to enjoy.
Spooky Witches Brew Halloween Cocktail
This Witches Brew Halloween cocktail is a fruity and colorful mixture that looks great served in a high ball glass and also makes the perfect party punch when you multiply the ingredients.
- 2 oz. pineapple juice
- 2 oz cranberry juice
- 4 oz. Sprite
- 2 1/2 oz. shot Malibu Coconut Rum
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Add the pineapple juice, cranberry juice, Sprite and Malibu Coconut rum in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into the ice-filled glass
- Garnish with gummy worms for effect. Optional garnishes are pineapple chunks and fresh cranberries.
To make this drink as a punch to serve in a cauldron, just multiply the amounts of each ingredient by the number of guests coming to your party.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 0gSugar: 38gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.
Adult Halloween Drinks | My Crazy Good Life
Sunday 26th of February 2017
[…] The Gardening Cook – Spooky Witches Brew […]