I love quick and easy recipes that still look pretty and taste amazing. These Roast Beef Wraps with cheese and roasted red peppers make a great party appetizer or fun lunch treat.The Gardening cook is a participant in the Amazon Affiliate Program. This post may contain affiliate links. I earn as small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help with my blog expenses if you purchase through an affiliate link. Thank you for your support!
Time to make some Roast Beef Wraps
These wraps take just minutes to put together, and they can be made up ahead of time! It doesn’t get much quicker than that for easy party food! The wraps combine two types of thinly sliced cheese (sharp cheddar and Havarti), rare roast beef and some salad greens and roasted red peppers. Light mayo keeps the calories down and I also used a low carb wrap that is light in calories too. I don’t season them at all since most deli sliced meats and cheeses can be a bit salty.
Make these ahead of time to save time when you are entertaining.
The mayo goes on first, followed by the salad greens. TIP: Leave the top portion of the wrap with no toppings on it. This makes it easier to wrap them tightly without all the fillings being squished out and also lets the mayonnaise stick to the outer part of the tortilla.Next comes the Havarti cheese slices, followed by the roast beef and roasted bell peppers. Look at that color!
Finally, the Sharp cheddar cheese gets added to the top.Place the whole thing on a piece of cling wrap and roll very tightly, ending with the sealed portion facing down.
You’ll end up with a pretty log that is ready to chill. Wrap the entire log tightly with the cling wrap and place in the fridge for several hours. You can even do them the night before you plan to serve them. The longer they chill, the easier they will be to cut.Once the wraps have chilled well, take them out and cut off the ends. Discard. (yeah right…discard right into my stomach!) Then, slice the long into 3/4″ pieces.
It’s party time!
One of the best things about these wraps, other than the flavor, is how easy they are to put together. It is nice to have a recipe on hand for those times when someone calls and says “I’ll be over in 15 minutes for drinks!”
The roast beef wraps are loaded with flavor and fun to serve. Your party guests will love them. But for me, right now? It’s lunch time!~
For more great party food, visit my Pinterest Appetizer board.
- 4 soft taco sized flour tortillas (8")
- 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
- ⅓ pound (16 slices) deli roast rare beef, sliced thinlysalt to taste
- 8 thin slices of sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 thin slices of Havarti cheese
- 2 cups of spring greens
- 1 cup of roasted red bell peppers
- Spread about ½ tbsp of the mayonnaise all over a tortilla wrap. Layer each of the tortillas with fresh spring greens, 2 slices of sharp cheddar cheese, 4 thin slices of roast beef and 2 thin slices of Havarti cheese. Leave the very top edge of the tortilla with no toppings to make it easier to roll.
- Place a piece of cling wrap on the counter and lay the filled tortilla on it. Starting at the bottom end, roll up the tortilla tightly to the top end with no toppings. Wrap tightly in the spring wrap and place in the fridge for several hours, or overnight.
- Slice off the ends of each wrap and discard the ends (into your tummy!)
- Slice each tortilla log into ¾" pieces. Insert a cocktail toothpick and arrange on a serving tray.
- Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve!
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."