Printable recipe – Phyllo Cup Crab Appetizers
Looking for an easy but delicious appetizer that will be a great start to a cocktail party, or a fancy dinner for special friends? These phyllo cup crab appetizers will delight the most discerning of guests.
These lovely appetizers look and taste delicious all dressed up in their phyllo tart shells. The recipe calls for horseradish and paprika to add a nice kick. I slimmed them down slightly by using reduced fat cream cheese. Garnish with fresh dill and you have a great party appetizer.
For more great party ideas, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- 3/4 cup chopped chunk crab meat
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 small red peppers diced finely
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- Dill weed
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and horseradish until smooth. Stir
- in crab, diced peppers and onion. Spoon 2-3 teaspoonfuls into each tart shell;
- sprinkle with paprika.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until
- tops begin to brown. Garnish with fresh dill.
- Makes : 2-1/2 dozen about 50 calories each