Christmas (and Valentine’s day) are great times to bring out the red cocktail recipes. They are very festive and inviting during the holiday season. This Lush Berry Bellini has a deep red color and lots of fizz for entertaining fun.
Make yourself a Lush Berry Bellini Cocktail
A bellini is a mixture of sparkling wine and peach purée or nectar. This cocktail originated in Venice, Italy. I make mine with dry rosé champagne to give it a pretty red color. and add in raspberries as a garnish. Make your own peach purée easily with my recipe.
You can use frozen raspberries and peaches instead of fresh and it is also good.
- 1 tbsp Berry peach purée (recipes below)
- ½ cup of chilled, dry rosé champagne
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Berry Peach purée
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh raspberries (defrost if using frozen)
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen peach slices (defrost if frozen)
- ½ cup of Chambord Liqueur
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- To make the purée, combine the raspberries, peaches, liqueur and sugar in a blender and process until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve. Cover and refrigerate up to 5 days. Makes enough for about 35 cocktails.
- To make the cocktail place the berry peach purée into a champagne flute. Slowly pour the champagne. Stir with a long spoon. Garnish with fresh raspberries.