This delicious recipe for grilled London broil is easy to do. Just prepare the rub and marinade and put it in the fridge to let the flavors soak into the meat. When it is time to cook, just fire up the grill and enjoy the aromas of all those flavors that have combined.The recipe calls for a spicy rub and a nice red wine and mustard marinade. Make extra of the rub. It is a fantastic blend of spices and you will want to use it every time you grill steak or pork. It gives the meat a fantastic flavor.
Grilled London Broil with Spicy Rub and Red Wine – So Delicious!
Serve with roasted Italian potatoes and onions and a side salad for a delicious meal that is easy to do but tastes like you spent hours preparing it.
For more great recipes, please visit The Gardening Cook on Facebook.
- For the Marinade
- 1½ pound of London Broil Steak (top round steak will work too) About 1 inch thick or more
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of Merlot or any other good red wine
- 2 tbsp of lite soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of Grey Poupon whole grain mustard
- 4 cloves of crushed garlic
- For the rub: (makes ⅔ cup) you only need 1 tbsp for the recipe but it keeps well)
- 2½ tbsp of smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of onion powder or flakes
- 1 tbsp of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of red pepper
- 1 tbsp of dried oregano
- 1 tbsp of ground thyme.
- Make the rub first: Combine all of the spices and keep stored in an airtight jar. You will need 1 tbsp of the rub for this recipe. Use it all over the piece of beef and set into a shallow baking dish.
- Prepare the marinade
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a small bowl and pour over the meat. Put in the fridge for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best if you have the time.
- Preheat the grill to high. Remove the beef from the marinade and cook on the hot grill until it is done to your desired doneness. Let stand for 5 minutes before carving.
- Serve with roasted potatoes and root vegetables.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."