Nothing appeals to me more than dark chocolate strawberries or other fruit dipped in chocolate. They make me feel as though I am eating something healthy but also have the decadence of a rich dessert. And with Valentine’s day right around the corner, what could be a more perfect treat than these dark chocolate strawberries that you made yourself?
Dark Chocolate Strawberries – Learn How to Make your Own.
This tray of chocolate strawberries from Amazon shows them in all their glory. They have been decorated beautifully, don’t you think?
If this display is out of your price range, don’t despair. With a little bit of patience and a few simple supplies, you can have a plate of these on your Valentine’s day table.
There are many ways to make chocolate strawberries, but this recipe uses organic cocoa powder and coconut oil. This recipe for dark chocolate is easy to make and will be much cheaper than store bought baking chocolate, and will still have loads of flavor.
When you are done dipping the strawberries, the next step is how to decorate them. I love to drizzle them with melted chocolate, or thinned icing in various colors. There are also so many varieties of sprinkles that can be used to dip the tips into. See some tips for drizzling chocolate strawberries here.Whichever way you decorate them, the end result is a healthy and VERY romantic end to a perfect Valentine’s day meal.
- Coconut Oil - ½ Cup
- Organic Cocoa Powder - ¼ – ½ Cup
- Coconut Milk - ¼ Cup
- Dash of Sea Salt
- Vanilla And Stevia To Taste - 1Teaspoon
- Strawberries (or any fruit you like)
- You could also add walnuts or other chopped nuts for variety.
- Heat the oil on med/high to a thin consistency. Next, add cocoa, coconut milk, vanilla, and the salt. It will thicken when you add the coconut milk so keep it warm while you add the stevia a little bit at a time.
- Once you are satisfied with the taste, take it off the heat and pour it into molds or spread on a small plate and freeze. Even if left at room temp if will harden because of the coconut oil.
- Melt when ready to use and dip your favorite fruit into it.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "affiliate links." This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive a small commission from the sale, but the price is the same for you. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."