I knew I would love this recipe for these No-Bake Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars before I even made them.
They have my favorite ingredients – peanut butter and chocolate AND they are no bake. What could be better to tempt your sweet tooth?
Peanut butter bars are a bit hit in our house. I made another version the other day and they were gone in a flash.
Keep reading to find out how to make them.
It’s time to satisfy your sweet tooth with these no bake chocolate peanut butter bars.
No Bake desserts are some of my favorites. They come together quickly and I love the way they taste, too!
In a microwave safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and butter in 1 minutes intervals until it is creamy. Remove and add the pure vanilla extract. Let cool for about 10 minutes.Mix the crushed graham crackers, powdered sugar, salt and dark chocolate chips. Stir in the peanut butter mixture and mix well to combine.
Try not to dive into the bowl and eat it right now. Seriously, this stuff is GOOD.Line a 9×9″ pan with parchment paper, then spread the peanut butter mixture firmly and evenly in the bottom and set aside.
Be sure to press down well so that it holds its shaped later when cut.
The chocolate layer is a Reese’s peanut butter cup like concoction. Just peanut butter and chocolate into a microwave bowl for a minute or two until it gets creamy. My mouth is watering all ready!
Spread the peanut butter and chocolate layer over the crust and smooth evenly to the edges. Sprinkle over the crushed cashews.
I saved a bit of the melted chocolate and added it to a piping bag and drizzled the top of the bar mixture.
Place the pan in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate has set, then cut into bars and serve.The bars are rich and so delicious. The base is creamy and yet crunchy and the chocolate peanut butter layer reminds me of Reese’s peanut butter cups.Add to that a topping of crunchy cashews and you have a dessert that you just won’t be able to resist! Bet you can’t eat just one!The main problem with these no bake chocolate peanut butter bars is that they won’t make it out the door.
I’m not kidding guys…once you take a bite of one, the pan will be calling your name all day long.
For another delicious dessert, check out my recipes for brownies with a strawberry swirl cheesecake topping. They are amazing.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
I knew I would love this recipe for these No-Bake Crispy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars before I even made them. They have two of my favorite flavors in one delicious bite
For the peanut butter layer
- 1/3 cup butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extrac
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers , crushed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- For the chocolate layer
- 3/4 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp peanut butter, smooth
- 1/2 cup cashews
- In a microwave bowl, melt the butter and 3/4 cups of the peanut butter , stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the vanilla extract. Set aside and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the graham crackers, powdered sugar, salt and chocolate chips.
- Stir in the peanut butter mixture and mix well to combine.
- Line a 9 x 9" pan with parchment paper, then spread the peanut butter mixture firmly and evenly in the bottom and set aside..
- Melt the 3/4 cups chocolate chips and 2 tbsp peanut butter together in the microwave, stirring well to combine.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter layer, being sure to cover the base evenly. (reserve a bit of the chocolate to drizzle over the top.)
- Sprinkle over the chopped cashew nuts and drizzle with a bit of the reserved melted chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes, or until the chocolate has set, then cut into bars and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 229mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g
Nutritional information is approximate due to natural variation in ingredients and the cook-at-home nature of our meals.
19 No-Bake Cookie Recipes for Any Occasion - Tuxedo Cats and Coffee
Thursday 1st of March 2018
[…] No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars […]